Charlotte, North Carolina, is a popular destination for those considering senior living locations. Whether you’re familiar with Charlotte, live here now, or you’ve never been, the many different senior living communities in the area attest to how exceptional it is for independent living.
If you’re interested in senior living in Charlotte, Generations at Shalom Park is a community that touts “at the heart of community is unity.” The vision for this close-knit community that celebrates each individual’s differences may be just what you’re looking for. The care options available are extensive and fit every need based on you or your loved one’s situation.
The Continuum of Care
When looking for a new place to retire, you might be looking at amenities, location and the kind of people that might live there. But one of the top characteristics seniors look for in their next home is the healthcare options. At Generations at Shalom Park, the continuum of care is a very important part of our retirement experience.
A continuum of care means as you age and require additional assistance and services, they are available to you. Our extensive and supportive care includes many different options based on what’s right for you, including in-home care, assisted living, memory care, rehabilitation and skilled nursing. If you’re not sure what each of these levels entails, get a better understanding of each one below or a team member can work with you to provide more details.
- Independent Living is ideal for those who are capable of living on their own but want to spend their days without the responsibility that goes along with owning a home. Join your peers in a community full of exciting opportunities in a private residence with many amenities. If and when you need more assistance in the future, the continuum of care will be available to you.
- In-Home Care is the next level of care when seniors are able to continue to live in an independent living residence but may require a bit of assistance. A team from Aldersgate At Home is dedicated to providing help in the senior’s home with tasks such as grooming and dressing, cooking or meal delivery, and medication reminders. They can also assist with light housekeeping, accompany you to appointments, and provide transportation when necessary.
- Assisted Living: is for those who require assistance with daily living and prefer to receive that assistance in a dedicated residential space, we offer the option of assisted living at Aldersgate. Situated just moments from the Generations campus, residents receive 24-hour access to care and a robust variety of life-enriching amenities.
- Memory Care is available for those who require support beyond the care within their current scope due to Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia. Generations provides a nurturing residential environment focused on individual attention and is
- Rehabilitation takes place in the Asbury Health and Rehabilitation Center to help residents get back to their lives after dealing with an injury or surgery. This Health Center has a certification of Wound Care Centers of Excellence.
A Day in the Life
The Continuum of Care will ensure your needs are taken care of in every phase of your retirement life, and that includes doing what you love. Every level of care offered at Generations provides the opportunity to participate in the programs and activities you desire. Centrally located in Charlotte, there are many exciting events in the area for you to be a part of. But right within Generations itself lies a world of possibilities. Shalom Park’s 54-acre campus has so much to offer and will provide you with the tools you need to live a life as comfortable as you deserve.
If intellectual values and cultural programs are your speed, worship, study, social and environmental, and community-building opportunities are available to you. For those who want to break a sweat, the extensive fitness center has top-of-the-line trainers waiting to work with you and is equipped with two gymnasiums as well as an indoor and outdoor pool.
The Cost of a Continuum of Care
The cost of living in a Life Plan Community varies from one community to the next, but at Generations at Shalom Park, it includes an entrance fee and a monthly fee. As you learn more about the cost of senior living, keep in mind your current cost of living. Be sure to keep track of your expenses in your daily life. You may find a senior living community is a more fiscally responsible choice at this point in your life.
The entrance fee secures your choice of residence as well as your contract agreement, which states the care you’ll be receiving at the community. In most cases, the entrance fee is either partially or fully refundable, allowing you to leave it to whomever you choose when you pass on. The entrance fee can also make a difference in the monthly fee.
The monthly fee covers all that you will enjoy at Generations – your daily expenses including utilities, amenities, services, housekeeping, groundskeeping, meal plan, fitness and your health care services. One of the main appeals of a Life Plan Community is all of these expenses are combined into one monthly fee. Staying in your own home, these services become costly and add up quickly.
Your long-term care policy will coincide with your care as a resident of Generations, and you will be paid earned benefits as the policyholder in most cases. A Sales Counselor and other team members at Generations can help you better understand your policy.
About Generations at Shalom Park
Generations at Shalom Park is retirement living with a difference, and it’s our differences that make life rich. While some retirement living communities may look for the same type of individuals, we pride ourselves in looking for those with diverse philosophies, skills and talents. These ideals will create an enriching environment and a community that yields meaningful connections.
Learn more about how joining Generations at Shalom Park in Charlotte, North Carolina, can awaken your spirituality and bring you closer to yourself and others. It’s the perfect step to your future. Visit us at generationsatshalompark.com or call us at 704-532-5400.